Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hard not to be bitter sometimes

Sometimes life hits a blow that you thought you were ready for but weren't. I am from a blended family. My mom was married when she was very young and had 3 children from that union. He was alcoholic and abusive, so she left. She met a good man whom took all of us in. They had one child together. He had one daughter (that was only his in name only) and one son. They lived with their mom so we didn't see them much. I thought that we were one big happy family. We grew up in a christian home. We all attended church together. We were always told that we were all loved the same. Well last week, it was verbalized that the only child that matter was the "blood" child. It hurt my brother very badly and my sister (the blood one) was hurt immensely also. The older sister was hurt too. I was too, but I believe that we can't change others. What they believe is what they believe and we can't change that. We don't have to like it, we don't have to agree with; we only have to learn to accept it. The wounds are real for us and we will heal. We have to protect ourselves from the hurt. We can if we join together and lean on each other. The Lord is great!! and he doesn't care if we are "blood" or not. He loves both Jews, Greek and even me!

No comments: