Thursday, January 10, 2008

Why life is better

I will give the Reader's Digest version to my last 2 years that rocked my faith. In August of 2005, my oldest daughter finally after years of abuse from her husband decided to leave the situation. She came back home with 3 little babies in tow. At that time the children were 6 months, 3 and 4. Then in June of 2006 the job I held with a retail store ended. They said I quit, I said I was fired. They didn't want to say that they fired me because then they would have to pay un-employment. Another long story. Then in July my husband, Rocke was rushed to the hospital. There it was discovered that he had leukemia. It is treatable but not curable. I finally found work in the world's biggest retail chain. I started as a cart pusher and now work in the jewelry department. We still struggle with doctor bills, because as we were fighting his disease, he couldn't work so we lost our insurance. We could have kept it to the tune of over $1000 a month, which was more than what I was making. But God saw us through it. He continues to guide us. I think the best thing is that Rocke & I both have renewed our faith. Our eldest daughter was baptized this past year. Life is Good!!

No comments: