Friday, December 12, 2008

The Games people play

Sometimes, it seems as if I work with a bunch of Middle School Children! The back biting, the teasing, the disregard for human feelings, etc. Then I stop to think about it and even middle schoolers are not as vicious as adults. Why can't we allow others to be themselves and not try to put them into a mold that we think they should act like? Sometimes I find myself following the crowd, and I start feeling resentment or ridicule for those less fortunate than I. I know that God loves all of us and I should too. But how do we react when we see another person hurting? Do we say we are sorry, or do we "pass to the other side of the road" like the Priest and Levite? I need to ask God to forgive my shortcomings and give me a true servant's heart and beome a true "Good Samaratin".

No comments: