Monday, December 8, 2008

Cold Sore Worry

Have you ever had a cold sore? It starts with a little tingle on your lip. Within several hours the tingle will turn into a bump. The bump turns into a sore. The more you pick at it or rub it, the bigger it gets. But once it's there you have to give it time to get rid of it. There is some medication that you can take when you first feel the tingle that will keep it from breaking out. It is not an over the counter medication. It can only be given when prescribed by a doctor. I have a cold sore. It started with the tingle on Saturday afternoon. By Sunday morning when I woke up, it was bad! A lump the size of a walnut was on my lip. Okay, Okay, I know I am exaggerating. But if you have ever had a cold sore, I am sure you can relate.

Pastor Mark yesterday was preaching on Habakkuk. I think he was preaching to Rocke & I. Today Rocke has his bone biopsy to check on his leukemia. I was really worried. My friend Sue knew I was worried. She said that if I worry, I am not having faith in God. Things may not turn out all right, but God will see us through. Pastor Mark said yesterday, "Even if it's bad, I will rejoice". I am not sure if he was quoting Habakkuk or his own wisdom. I wrote it down just the same. He also said, "In the end, we will win". Even if Rocke's results are bad, we will win because we both know where he is going! He is ready. He said yesterday, that if God chooses to give him this pain, it is small compared to the pain Christ suffered for us!!

So back to the cold sore. I think my worry was like the cold sore. It starts with just a thought (the tingle)! And if you don't get the medicine from the physician, it will turn into a great big sore. The medicine for worry is God's Word and Prayer, given to us by the Great Physician. If worry does get a hold of us, like the cold sore, it will get bigger and sorer. It will affect everything we do. It is all we will concentrate on. Time is the only healer. But we still need help from God's Word to help with the healing process that damage from worry can do.

So, my cold sore is healing. But it is a reminder that Worry can affect me and make me miserable, but if I start with the medicine right away it will be better. But first I have to go to the Physician with the ailment before it happens! Next time, I will go to God with my concerns and then leave them there for him to worry about!! No more Cold sores for Me!!

No comments: