Thursday, June 12, 2008

Beautiful Baptism video




It is so hard to beleive that it will have been 3 years ago that Amber came home with 3 little babies in tow. She was so depressed, angry and felt like she wasn't worth anything. She had been married to a man who abused her for their entire relationship. Then she came home in August of 2005. Then her Grandma died (Rocke's mom) in November. I lost my job in June, then in July Rocke was diagnosed with leukemia. Amber hated the world. She was angry with her ex-husband but more than that she was angry with God for allowing all of this to happen. Her Dad had never been sick. He was strong & tough and was now flat on his back in the hospital. The winter of 2007, she attended ALPHA (a program through church that taught about Jesus in a safe enviroment, where no question was a bad one). I started to go with her, but it was getting to be too late for the grandkids to get up for school, so I volunteered to watch the girls so she could go. She met Nate & Patti Yoder. They helped her through her anger with God. She was baptized in the summer of 2007. That was one of the best day. Rocke & I were so blessed that she has blossomed. I continue to pray for her as she continues to struggle with anger & low self esteem. I want her to know what a beautiful person she is and that I am so proud of her. Some of the choices she continues to make are not the best ones in my opinion, but she is stronger and happier than 3 years ago. This is a tribute to her! I love you Bambi girl!!

1 comment:

Mark O Wilson said...

Amen! What a beautiful story of God's grace and love. It is a real joy to watch Amber grow in her faith.