Thursday, February 21, 2008

Barneberkie

Today I went to the Barnebirkie to watch Destiny race. For those that don't know what a birkie race is, it is a cross country ski race held in Hayward every year. It was quite a feat for me to go. I hate the cold, but the warmth in my heart to see little Destiny and all the other skiers working and trying so hard kept me warm. Past0r Mark said that he thought there was a lesson there somewhere. What I came away with was this:

We are all running a race. All of us are at different stages in life. Some are little ones just learning to ski, some are in elementary school, some are middle schoolers, some are veterans cheering us on, and yet some are the leaders teaching others the way. Just like all those little skiers today, we will all win a prize at the end of the race. We will win the ultimate prize of seeing Christ face to face. We only have to learn from those ahead of us and give it all we've got.

Maybe I might just take the Barnebirkie off so that I can see the whole thing. Great day!!

No comments: